Monday, August 17, 2009

No Tomato Sauce Allowed on These Placemats

Every once in a while, quilters are fortunate to sit down and make something for themselves with all of the beautiful fabric they have amassed. Well, this is my prize to myself:

I've made six unique placemats that feature some of my favorite fabrics and colors. These placemats feature some crazy, freeform quilting...because I've found that I love to do it.
Now my only problem is...I don't know if I want anyone to eat on them...definitely not my kids?!?! But, I guess that's what they are for.





2 comments:

  1. They are so beautiful! Get some very thin plastic (from a home goods store, used for shelving), cut it to size, and cover the mats when very messy food is being eaten by children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you want to use them but not risk they will be damaged. You could:
    *spray them with Scotchguard to keep liquids from penetrating the fibers
    *put them under a glass table top
    *Cover them with a clear plastic sleeve
    Just a few ideas........

    ReplyDelete