Thursday, October 29, 2009

Do what you love. Love what you do.

On every "Life is good" t-shirt is a little tag that says, "do what you love. love what you do." I try to live by that motto when I'm sewing. I only create things that make me happy. The fabric I use makes me happy. The things I create make me happy. Giving them to people makes me happy. This month, I've been busy gettin' happy. Check out some of the cheery things I've made:
This quilt top was a collaborative effort from many quilters around the country in a bee called, "Sweet Dreams Quilting Bee." I sent them fabric and they sent back blocks that they made with that fabric. I took the blocks and put them together in this quilt top. I made the pinwheel cornerstones with the same fabrics to bring the whole thing together. I think it came out really nice!


I made these key chains for the women who are on the quilt retreat that I go to each year. Just a little something handmade for them. Using selvidge in projects just makes me happy. It means, "I'm a true fabric lover," when you use selvidge!
The pillows were a custom order for a friend. When I took this photo, I fell in love with the pillows. I love how Joel Dewberry's fabric goes so nicely with nature.
Another one of my rag quilts available on Etsy! I love the colors in this one! It reminds me hydrangeas--which is a nice thing to think about when the leaves are falling and it's getting colder every minute!
Hope these images have brightened your day. Do what you love today too!

No comments:

Post a Comment