Thursday, April 22, 2010

Reached a New Level with Sewing

For months, I've listened to some of my "hand-sewing" friends talk about these "great portable projects." I never jumped on the bandwagon...until now. I've discovered English paper piecing of hexagons, and now I'm addicted. I even caught myself turning over the edges of a hexagon at a stop light!


So all you machine maidens out there...I urge you to hop on the "portable project" bandwagon. Instead of doing something stupid on your iphone while your little ones play on the playground, or while you wait in the drivethru at Chick-fil-A you could be quilting. Maybe English paper piecing isn't for you, but something out there is. I'm so happy I found this quilting project that I can bring with me everywhere!

2 comments:

  1. i know, i love that it is so portable! I met up with a fellow stitchy friend and Barnes and Noble and we basted hexagons while we chatted and had coffee. it was so perfect to hang out, but get sewing done!

    ReplyDelete