Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Pillow Talk


For quilters, making a pillow out of a block can be a form of instant gratification that often escapes us during the usual long quilting process. I made a Dresden Plate block a few weeks ago for a long-term quilt project. Not wanting to take away from that project, I made an almost identical block to make into a quilt pillow and put on my etsy page. The pom pom trim really solidifies the look I was going for: happy, colorful, cheerful!

Another pillow that I made is a "tooth fairy pillow." This was made from a vintage apron with a really great pattern on the fabric. I fussy cut the pocket portion of the apron and made that the center of the pillow--a place for all those precious lost teeth. Some frilly trim finished off the look.

Pillow Tip: For both of these pillows and most of the ones I have made this year, I have made a back flap for easy insert and removal of the pillow form. To me, this is a more finished look than hand sewing the two sides together at the end of the process. Take a look at this pic of the purple pillow to see what I mean...

Thanks for tuning in to pillow talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment