Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Blog Carnival: Oriental Salad Recipe

This recipe is the recipe that I have given out more times than any other! I'm actually quite happy to be posting it on my blog so that when certain family members ask for it for the "umpteenth" time, I will no longer have to search for it in some email that I've already sent them. I can just send them to this post. That being said, here is my recipe for the best oriental salad you'll ever try:

1 head Napa cabbage, finely shredded
2 bunches green onions (optional)

Saute in 3 tbsp of butter until golden brown:
1 package of broken up ramen noodles (the flavor packet is used in the dressing)
2 oz. sesame seeds
1/2 cup slivered almonds

Drain and cool on papertowel

TO MAKE THE DRESSING
Bring to a boil:
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup vege oil
2 TBSP soy sauce
season pack from oriental flaver pack from ramen noodle package

I like to keep that boiling for a while, until it starts to look a little like it is bubbling up and forming a caramel consistency. That way it won't completely separate after it is cooled. Cool this completely -- in the fridge for at least an hour before serving is best.

Ready to EAT! Don't mix the crunchies and the dressing with the cabbage until you are ready to eat or it will get soggy.

This serves about 8 people depending on the size of the cabbage and how much everyone loves this salad!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10/22/2008

    Sounds wonderful. My mouth is having a difficult time today, drooling over all of the recipe's in this carnival.

    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete